|This beautiful composed salad is drizzled with hot, sweet, and sour Southeast Asian sauce. It makes a refreshing dish for a Sunday brunch.
- 1 large European (hothouse) cucumber, peeled, sliced lengthwise, seeded, and cut into
- 1/4-inch crosswise slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cooked green beans, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly sqeezed lime juice
- 2 red Thai chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small ripe mango peeled, cut from the pit, and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, cut into julienne
|In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber, tomatoes, beans, and bean sprouts together. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lime juice, chiles, and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. To serve, arrange the salad mixture, avocado, and mango slices on 4 salad plates. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the mint.